“Out of a love for Christ and His people, Flint Reformed Baptist Church seeks to make, mature, and multiply disciples of Jesus Christ in Albany and throughout the world, by the Word of God, through the Holy Spirit, to the Glory of the Triune God.”
Out of Love for Christ and His People
- The great and glad work of the church is not regarded as if it were a burdensome duty but rather is a visible expression of the overflow of our love for Christ and the people that He died to redeem.
- This love does not naturally originate in ourselves but is God-wrought and causes our love.
Luke 10:27, Deuteronomy 6:5, John 14:21, John 14:15, 1 John 4:19, 1 John 5:3, 1 John 4:7-8, John 13:34-35, 1 Peter 4:8
Flint Reformed Baptist Church
- As a Reformed Baptist Church, we humbly and proudly identify and align ourselves in the same historic tradition as the reformers of the sixteenth/seventeenth century. As such, we confess the Five Solas of the reformation, embrace the five points of Calvinism, and hold to covenant theology.
- As Baptists, we believe that baptism is one of the two ordinances of the New Covenant which must be understood in light of New Covenant revelation. We believe the Bible teaches that the only proper subjects of baptism are disciples who have repented of their sins and made a profession of faith. We believe that the proper mode of baptism is immersion.
Ephesians 2:1-3, Ephesians 1:4-5, John 15:16, Romans 9:16, Acts 2:38, 1 Peter 3:21, Romans 6:3-4, Colossians 2:12-13
Seeks to Make Disciples of Jesus Christ
- In obedience to Christ’s great commission and with the help of the Spirit’s enabling, we desire to see people enter into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ and labor to that end.
- We believe that all true Christians, as a fruit of their conversion, are both compelled and empowered to be disciples/followers of Jesus Christ. Because of this, we labor, not merely for ‘superficial decisions for Christ’ but rather to make disciples who follow Christ as their Lord, savior, and treasure.
Matthew 28:18-20, Matthew 16:24-26, Matthew 5:14-16, Luke 14:27
Seeks to Mature Disciples of Jesus Christ
- We believe that progressive sanctification is the definitive and inescapable work of the Spirit of God in the heart and soul of every true regenerated Christian. Because of this, we work to mature disciples in the faith as they grow in holiness.
- Along with holiness, we believe that a maturing disciple will grow in their love for and understanding of the Bible and will grow in their resolve to serve the Body of Christ.
2 Timothy 2:21, 2 Corinthians 5:17, 2 Peter 3:18, Galatians 2:20, 1 Peter 4:10-11, Galatians 6:10
Seeks to Multiply Disciples of Jesus Christ
- In the heart of every true follower of Christ is the desire to follow Jesus and to minister to others.
- To that end, as a church, our desire is not only to make disciples but to make disciple-makers.
2 Timothy 2:2, Acts 1:8, Romans 10:14-15
- God, in his sovereignty, placed Flint Reformed Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia, in 2008.
- Our first and main focus of ministry is the people of Albany, Leesburg, and Southwest Georgia.
Jeremiah 29:7, 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
And Throughout the World
- In obedience to the Lord’s great commission, we are also committed to taking the gospel into all the world.
- This commitment is given visible expression through our giving to missions organizations as well as our training and sending our members out for short-term and/or long-term mission trips that have lasting benefits.
Psalm 67:4, Mark 16:15, Psalm 96:3, Acts 13:47, 1 Chronicles 16:24
By the Word of God
- We affirm that the Word of God is more than sufficient for doing the work of God.
- Because of our absolute and total confidence in the Bible, we carry out the great work of the church not with our hope in carnal and worldly methods, but with bold and faithful preaching, teaching, and application of the Scriptures.
2 Timothy 3:16-17, Romans 15:4, Acts 17:11
Through the Holy Spirit
- We acknowledge that the great work of the church cannot be accomplished in our own strength and that superficial means would result in utter failure. Therefore, we sincerely endeavor to fulfill this calling in the power of the Holy Spirit which God so mercifully provides to His people.
- For it is by the power of the Holy Spirit that hearts are opened to the truth of the Gospel allowing us to make disciples.
Acts 1:8, Acts 16:14, Philippians 2:13, John 14:26, Romans 8:26, Galatians 5:22-23, Acts 2:38
To the Glory of the Triune God
- Ultimately, all that we do as a church is not for the fame of Flint Reformed Baptist Church.
- Rather, it is that the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit might be glorified in Albany, Georgia, and throughout the world.
Psalm 115:1, Romans 11:36, Galatians 1:5, Philippians 4:20, Colossians 1:16, 1 Timothy 1:17